Friday, July 1, 2011

July Papertrey Inkers Challenge


Happy July!! What a fun month! I find it enjoyable for so may reasons; the boys are out of school, no hectic schedule, we celebrate our glorious country's birthday, swimming, camping, grilling, ice cream......With the month of July comes hot weather and the need to slow down and relax. This month's challenge will help you do just that, relax your stamping process. The July challenge is to make a clean and simple card. Here are the details:
1. NO layers, use ONLY your card base.
2. NO embellishments (I heard that gasp...) No ribbon, buttons, glitter, flowers etc.
3. Embossing is OK.
4. Use either a brand new, uninked stamp set, or a long forgotten one. Try to use only one set, but multiples are OK, if you must.

I thought this would be a piece of cake, but goodness, did I struggle. I'm realizing I need a 12 step program for bling!! I caught myself putting little, teeny, tiny gems onto my bug...oopsie. Here is my finished card (after sending 4 or so to the trash)
Stamp set (BRAND new!) Lawn Fawn-On the Mend
Paper-PTI white
Ink-Memento Black, Hero Arts Chalk Ink-Punch, Spica pens in black and red
Enjoy the challenge and I hope everyone has a relaxing and fun filled July!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! The brad, sticker, and ribbon---PERFECT splash of orange with your paper! GORGEOUS card! LOVE! professional logo design

    ReplyDelete